1. How long have you been spinning? What skill level do you consider yourself?
I've been spinning for nearly three years now.
2. What kinds of yarn do you create (singles/2-ply/3-ply/art yarn)?
Most 2 or 3 ply (standard and navajo). I recently tried a cabled yarn.
3. What do you spin with (spindle/wheel/both)?
Mostly my Lendrum DT but I do have a few spindles.
4. What are your favorite fibers to spin with? Anything you don't like?
Wool. I've not tried many others yet but I recently bought a lot of different fibres to try including bamboo, soy and milk protein but haven't tried them yet. I've not found anything I don't like yet
5. Who are your favorite
crack dealers fiber sources (etsy or otherwise)?
Wingham WoolWork. I also love handpainted fibre especially with lots of saturated colours.
6. What kind of fiber do you want to try?
I'd really like to try some Cormo and some of the other breeds that you can't get easily in Europe. I also keep hearing about pin-drafted fibre and it sounds really interesting.
7. Is there any techniques you would like to learn?
Longdraw and combing.
8. Do you dye fiber? If not, would you like to learn?
Yes I do.
9. Do you have fiber prep tools (and like to use them) or would you prefer ready to spin fiber?
I have carders and a coarse Louet drum carder. I do start from raw fleece as I can get some locally for free.
10. What do you do with your handspun? What projects have you completed?
Mostly socks and other accessories so far but I'm working up to a sweater.
11. Are you in need of any spinning gadgets (WPI Gauge, threading hook, etc)?
I'd love a yarn meter, a McMorran Yarn Balance (both in metric), a hackle, some combs and one day a picker and a drum carder for very fine fibre.
12. What colors "fall into your shopping basket"? Any colors you just can't stand?
Green, plum/aubergine/wine, other jewel colours. I'm not really a pastel person and only like yellow when it's combined with other colours. Same goes for beige.
13. What is on your wheel/spindle right now?
North Ronaldsay in white which is going to be a 2 ply laceweight.
14. What other crafts/hobbies do you have?
Knitting of course, felting, making jewellery. Sewing occasionally. I also have a considerable bead stash.
15. Other than crafts, what are you passionate about?
Reading SF. Contemporary architecture especially underground houses.
16. Do you have an online wishlist?
Yes - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/registry.html/ref=w_h_em-si-html_viewall?id=18Y0PLAE0K9G2
17. Is there anything that you collect?
Besides yarn, fibre and books, umm... not really although knitting/spinning/fibre animal related things (ornaments, jewellery etc.) are starting to creep into my life.
18. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What magazine subscriptions do you have?
I subscribe to IK, VK, Spin Off and Rowan. I'd really like to read Wild Fiber. Yarn-wise, I'd love to try Wollemeise, Socks That Rock, Dream in Colour Classy, Malabrigo, Shibui Sock, Sundara and Noro sock yarn plus any Knitpicks. I have so many patterns waiting to be knit, it's silly. I'd also really like some of the KnitPicks Harmony needles, I hope to get the DPN and Interchangeable sets myself eventually but some of the smaller fixed circs would be good.
19. When is your birthday?
It's just bee, June 8 and I'm now 37.
20. What book or movie character do you most resemble in personality?
Hmm, tricky one this. I've definitely got a side that's a bit like Juno (from the film of the same name), referencing books is hard because I read so much obscure SF, maybe a bit of both Nanny Ogg and Granny Weatherwax with a dash of Magrat.
21. What is the climate like where you live around this time (need to know for careful shipments of anything meltable)?
Pretty warm hopefully.
22. Tell us one weird fact about yourself!
I speak Welsh as a second language.
Hard to choose, I like HR Giger, Egon Schiele, some Klimdt. A local artist called Eric B. And of course, Franklin Habit.
Good chocolate, especially Cote D'Or Bouchees (the red ones). Also sour sweets. Sundried mango. I don't like Mars bars and Bountys. I miss Cadbury's Wispas still.
A huge range including French, Italian, Chinese, Japanese. I love seafood; sharp fruits like lemon, lime, raspberry, blackcurrants, goosberries, rhubarb; avocadoes. I hate cauliflower and also cheese sauces so cauliflower cheese is my food nemesis.
Juice. I love fruit juices and also fresh veggie juices. Hot chocolate, mint tea and other herb/fruit teas. I don't usually drink caffeine as I have very little tolerance for it so it makes me hyper but I do like a very occasional mocha or green tea.
Early Christian Slater; Serenity, Princess Bride, Willow, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, LOTR, Gattaca, Harry Potter
Dr. Who, Firefly, Farscape, Lost, Ugly Betty, Hotel Babylon, Jekyll, QI, Never Mind the Buzzcocks, Heroes.
I'm going to list authors mostly:
Neil Gaiman, Tad Williams, Robin Hobb, Terry Pratchett, Gwyneth Jones, Charles Stross, Steph Swainston, The Time Traveller's Wife (beautiful book!), Sheri Tepper, George R. R. Martin, Charles De Lint plus many more.
Eating chocolate while reading in bed late at night.